The decision to offer the Tesla-powered, all-electric Mercedes-Benz B-class means that plans for a gasoline-electric, range extended electric vehicle (REEV) will be put on hold, according to Auto Week.
What does REEV stand for?
REEV stands for Range Extended Electric Vehicle (automobile)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Russian and East European Studies (academic program)
- Russian and East European Studies Center (University of Oregon)
- Russian and East European Studies Consortium (Arizona State University)
- Research and Evaluation on Education in Science and Engineering (National Science Foundation)
- Russian and East European Studies Program (Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ)
- Rechargeable Energy Storage Systems (UN Economic Commission for Europe)
- Research Experience in Earth System Science
- Real Estate Excise Tax (Washington)
- Regional Environmental Emergencies Team (Environment Canada)
- Requirements Engineering Education and Training (workshop)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The automaker has unveiled the concept vehicle, which is a four-seat, global range extended electric vehicle meant for city driving, at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show.
MIRA's previous work with manufacturers to make series hybrids was renowned and during a conversation with Jaguar, an agreement was reached to work together on a range extended electric vehicle in the form of an XJ.
Reflecting the emerging importance of vehicle electrification, Ricardo also will participate in the Range Extended Electric Vehicle project, which will be led by Land Rover.