Molecular typing using pulsed-field gel electrophoresis and randomly amplified polymorphic DNA polymerase chain reaction confirmed that [Microbacterium] abscessus isolates from 7 of 12 specimens were indistinguishable," the CDC report noted.
What does RAPD-PCR stand for?
RAPD-PCR stands for Randomly Amplified Polymorphic DNA Polymerase Chain Reaction (also seen as Random amplification of polymorphic DNA polymerase chain reaction)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RAPD-PCR
- Review and Planning Conference
- Royal Army Pay Corps (British Army)
- Regional Air Pollution Control Agency (Dayton, OH)
- Resources Aimed at the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (South Africa)
- Regional Air Priorities Control Office
- Radar Approach Control
- Randomly Amplified Polymorphic DNA (aka Random Amplification of Polymorphic DNA)
- relative afferent pupillary defect (ophthalmology; aka Marcus-Gunn Pupil)
- random amplification of polymorphic DNA by the polymerase chain reaction
- Random Amplification of Polymorphic DNA by Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Rapid Product Development Association of South Africa
- Radar Parameters Data Set
- Rae's Awareness of People Everywhere
- Rappers against Phony Entertainers (song)
- Regionalna Agencja Poszanowania Energii (Polish: Regional Agency for Energy Conservation; Torun, Poland)
- Retire Aged People Early (humor)
- Rocket Assisted Personnel Ejection Catapult
- Rancangan Peraturan Daerah (Indonesian regional regulation draft)
- Rapid Alert System for Non-Food Consumer Products (EU)
- Rapid Action Police Force
Samples in periodicals archive:
Typing of Aeromonas isolates from children with diarrhoea and water samples by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA polymerase chain reaction and whole cell protein fingerprinting.