I cannot equate random acts of violence to television.
What does RAOV stand for?
RAOV stands for Random Acts of Violence (video game slang)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Rocks and Other Things (blog; video)
- Radio Amateur Old Timers' Association (UK)
- Réseau d'Afrique de l'Ouest pour la Surveillance du Traitement Antipaludique (French: East African network for antimalarial treatment surveillance)
- Radio Amateurs Old Timers Club (Australia)
- Rolling About on the Floor and Laughing My Ass Off
- Rolling Around on the Floor Laughing
- Rolling All Over The Floor Laughing My Ass Off
- Roll All Over the Floor Laughing Out Loud
- Red All Over the Land (Liverpool fanzine and website)
- Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union
- Rescue Angels on Wheels (pet rescue organization)
- Race Awareness Program (Mount Diablo Peace Center)
- Radar Aiming Point
- Radio Access Point
- Radio Access Protocol (Research In Motion Limited)
- Radio and Production
- Radiological Assistance Program (US DOE)
- Radon Action Program
- Raising Academic Performance (various organizations)
- Raising Attainment Plan (education)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Random acts of violence by a tiny minority bring out the best in the majority.
They see that while velvety skill and supernatural vision are all very well, what really get our juices going are random acts of violence.
These are random acts of violence, a commercial loan specialist who works in the city but lives in the suburbs, the flash mobs are a frightening phenomenon, keeping her off the trains if the streets are empty.
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: UNICEF expressed its concern today for random acts of violence committed against Iraqi children, reminding that its reports said more than 200 Iraqi children were killed and 230 were hit in violent actions in 2010.
Random acts of violence can occur anywhere, but cultural factors can have a large impact on whether or not a workplace becomes prone to hostility.
As a scientist seeking to understand random acts of violence, from street brawls to psychopathic killings to genocide, he has puzzled for decades over what prompts such acts of human cruelty.
There have also been random acts of violence, an author and pro-reform activist.