They let others take customers away from them because they assumed themselves to be in the railroad business rather than in the transportation business.
What does RRB stand for?
RRB stands for Railroad Business (mail)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RRB
We have 45 other meanings of RRB in our Acronym Attic
- Rapid Risk Assessment for Sex Offense Recidivism
- Rodenticide Risk Assessment Technical (Advisory Committee on Pesticides; UK)
- Rotating RAdio Transient
- Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Committee (Australia)
- Random Races Algorithm for Traffic Engineering
- Rhodesian Ridgeback Association of Western New York, Incorporated (South Wales, NY)
- Radar Reflective Balloon
- Radio Regulations Board
- Radio Russkij Berlin (German radio station)
- Radio Rythme Bleu (French radio station; New Caledonia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Usinas Siderurgicas de Minas Gerais, Brazil's second-largest steelmaker, recently postponed plans for an IPO of its mining and railroad business.
uses case studies of eight small Midwestern rail lines to document the economic and social effects of small scale railroad business on local communities during the waning years of railroad building .
The Alaska Railroad business mix is 70 percent freight, 20 percent passenger and 10 percent real estate.
In the railroad business, volume is a key indicator, says Knight.
Had the bosses realized that they were in the transportation business, rather than the railroad business, they could have moved into trucking and air transport, rather than letting other companies dominate.
Chrysler began his career working in the railroad business where his passion for engines developed.
All of its late, track-riding siblings thought they were in the railroad business and they died--most slowly and ignominiously.