Now the world's first hospital has treated a patient with hot and cold thyroid nodules by the combined use of radioiodine therapy and microwave ablation.
What does RAIT stand for?
RAIT stands for Radioiodine Therapy
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RAIT
We have 9 other meanings of RAIT in our Acronym Attic
- Required Adolescent Intensive Smoking Education
- Researching, Advancing and Inspiring Student Engagement (UK)
- Responsible Action on Issues in Society and Ethics
- Rigorous Approach to Industrial Software Engineering
- Russian-American Initiative for Shelf-Land Environments in the Arctic
- Reference and Information Searchers of Nevada (Nevada Library Association)
- Research and Information Services of Namibia (Windhoek, Namibia)
- Reference and Information Services Section (Australia)
- Rayong Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (Rayong, Thailand)
- Réseau Africain d'Institutions Scientifiques et Techniques (French: African Network of Scientific and Technical Institutions)
- Ram Rao Adik Institute Of Technology
- Rat Abdominal Irritant Test
- Redundant Array of Inexpensive Tapes
- Request and Authorization for In-scope Tasking
- Resource Asset Investment Trust
- Recent Advances in Information Technology and Applications (International Conference)
- Rehabilitacion para la Adiccion e Investigacion de Tratamientos Especializados en la Comunidad, Inc.
- Regional Arab Information Technology Network
- Radioactive Iodine Uptake Test
- Richmond the American International University in London
Samples in periodicals archive:
After his operation in December 2010, Dan had radioiodine therapy, which made him radioactive so he had to be isolated.
Shah said: "He has had radioiodine therapy very recently and he is effectively radioactive, for want of a better word, for a brief period afterwards.
Radioiodine therapy for Graves' disease: case selection and restrictions recommended to patients in North America.
37) Other recent articles have also pointed out the role of 124I in recurrence detection, as well as in quantifying patient-specific radioiodine therapy radiation dosimetry prior to ablation.
High-dose" radioiodine therapy in advanced differentiated thyroid carcinoma.
ZACTHYF is a phase II, randomised, double blind, placebo controlled, multi-centre study, which compared oral once-daily vandetanib 300mg to placebo in 145 patients with locally advanced or metastatic papillary or follicular thyroid cancer who failed treatment with, or were unsuitable for, radioiodine therapy.
Long term outcome of 444 patients with distant metastases from papillary and follicular thyroid carcinoma: benefits and limits of radioiodine therapy.