As with a radioactive iodine uptake test described earlier, in a thyroid scan you swallow a radioactive chemical (usually iodine or technetium).
What does RAIU stand for?
RAIU stands for Radioactive Iodine Uptake Test
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Réseau Africain d'Institutions Scientifiques et Techniques (French: African Network of Scientific and Technical Institutions)
- Radioiodine Therapy
- Ram Rao Adik Institute Of Technology
- Rat Abdominal Irritant Test
- Redundant Array of Inexpensive Tapes
- Request and Authorization for In-scope Tasking
- Resource Asset Investment Trust
- Recent Advances in Information Technology and Applications (International Conference)
- Rehabilitacion para la Adiccion e Investigacion de Tratamientos Especializados en la Comunidad, Inc.
- Regional Arab Information Technology Network
- Richmond the American International University in London
- Rat-Adapted Influenza Virus
- Rigid Aluminum Inflatable Vessel
- Return and Income Verification Services (Internal Revenue Service)
- Recording Arts Industry - Yukon Association
- Postal Tax Due (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Racing Auto Japan (French racing magazine)
- Rafting Association of Japan
- Rajasthan (India)
- Rajkot, India - Rajkot (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As with a radioactive iodine uptake test (described above), for a thyroid scan you would swallow a radioactive chemical (usually iodine or technetium).