In the decommissioning process, the university has maintained its reactor staff, including a director, a senior reactor operator, a radiation safety officer and a radiation health and safety committee.
What does RSO stand for?
RSO stands for Radiation Safety Officer
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RSO
We have 182 other meanings of RSO in our Acronym Attic
- Regional Statement of Needs and Priorities (education; UK)
- Registered Student Nurse Program
- Rancho Seco Nuclear Power Plant
- Realized Path Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- Red Springs and Northern Railroad (North Carolina)
- Radio Stations News Service (Columbia Broadcasting System)
- Robust Symmetrical Number System
- Royal Society of New South Wales (Australia)
- Recruitment Solutions North West Ltd. (UK)
- Royal Society of New Zealand
- Radio-Sinfonie-Orchester (German: Radio Symphony Orchestra)
- Radiological Safety Officer
- Radiology Services Online (Celina, TX)
- Railway Sorting Office
- Railway Sub - Office
- Rainbow Service Organization (Peterborough, ON, Canada gay rights and information)
- Rainbow Symphony Orchestra (Paris, France)
- Rally Sport Ontario
- Ralstonia Solanacearum
- Range Safety Officer
Samples in periodicals archive:
Instead, contact your unit radiation safety officer and transportation officer for help properly packing and shipping the detectors to Pine Bluff Arsenal.
AERB also wants DU to appoint a radiation safety officer as soon as possible.
Retired radiation safety officer Walter Wagner and science writer Luis Sancho claimed the giant Large Hadron Collider "atomsmasher" headed by Aberdare-born scientist Dr Lyn Evans could create black holes that might suck in the Earth and everything around it.
Inspectors found that the inner-city medical center had been without a radiation safety officer for seven months and tests to detect contamination had not been performed for months, in some cases.
A If the laboratory draws a blood sample from a patient who has recently received a therapeutic dose of radioactive iodine, it is a good idea to involve the institution's radiation safety officer.
so inclusion of these sources in the national tracking system is an additional reporting requirement," wrote Cheryl Schultz, corporate radiation safety officer for William Beaumont Hospital.
It also revealed that the radiation safety officer at the base had not even received any radiation awareness training The disposal error was not discovered until a Montreal scrap dealer phoned the Atomic Energy Control Board (AECB) in May 1998 to report that his scrap yard had detected a radioactive source in a rail car full of scrap metal he had received from New Brunswick.