Both the radial collateral ligament and lateral ulnar collateral ligament play important roles in preventing posterolateral rotational instability and either, or both, may be torn with this clinical presentation.
What does RCL stand for?
RCL stands for Radial Collateral Ligament (anatomy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RCL
We have 166 other meanings of RCL in our Acronym Attic
- Rotary Club of Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
- Reduced-Complexity Kalman Smoother
- Rotary Club of Katy Sunrise (Katy, TX)
- Rig Checkshot (energy production)
- Rolnicze Centrum Ksztalcenia Ustawicznego (Polish: Agricultural Center for Lifelong Learning in Walczu; Walczu, Poland)
- Rotary Club of Kigali-Virunga (Rwanda)
- Rockies (Mountains)
- Research Center of Korean Youth Culture
- Racing Club de Lens (French football club)
- Radar Controller
Samples in periodicals archive:
The operation to repair a radial collateral ligament in his right thumb that was torn late last season was done in Phoenix by Dr.
Bryant was found to have a complete tear of the radial collateral ligament, an avulsion fracture and a volar plate injury at the pinkie joint.
Mullin tore the radial collateral ligament in his right little finger, the same injury that sidelined him 20 games of the 1993-94 season.
It originates at the lateral epicondyle with the radial collateral ligament and inserts at the supinator crest of the ulna.
6,9,10) The radial collateral ligament, or lateral collateral ligament, has its origination at the lateral humerus at the midpoint of the trochlea and capitellum on the axis of rotation of the elbow.