While passing 1,600 feet for 1,200 feet, at about eight DME on radar vectors, approach control requested an update on our fuel state.
What does RV stand for?
RV stands for Radar Vector
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RV
We have 36 other meanings of RV in our Acronym Attic
- Regraded Unclassified When Separated from Classified Inclosure
- Are You Watching This? (Firefox sports scores update program)
- Russian-American Exchange Company (investment consortium)
- Research University of the Year (Canada)
- Russian Union of Youth (Russia; est. 1990)
- Royal Ulster Yacht Club (UK)
- Rochester Urban Youth Film Festival (New York)
- Republic of Uzbekistan
- Right Upper Zone (lung region)
- Rabies Virus
Samples in periodicals archive:
There were little things like briefing the ICAO PT as a backup to the expected radar vectors to the ILS, knowing what to do for lost communications, what to do when the controller quits talking on the PAR, and recognizing the windshear hazard.
He was unable to maintain altitude and requested radar vectors to a clear area.
After finding his aircraft flaps inoperative on a radar vector to instrument landing system final, Maj Mehl coordinated for a block altitude between 5,000 and 6,000 feet, terminated the approach, and began to troubleshoot the problem.
Both aircraft bustered via radar vectors from approach.
The "Radar Vectors" feature provides 3D guidance during non-standard routings such as radar vector navigation or course deviations around traffic and weather.
Not content with the flight control irregularity, the crew elected to troubleshoot the problem, terminate approach training, and perform radar vectors to final for a full stop.
I waved off and was given radar vectors to finalapproach course for the localizer.