We are better able to slow the racing thoughts that lead us to engage in limiting or self-sabotaging behaviors.
What does RT stand for?
RT stands for Racing Thoughts (psychiatry)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RT
We have 81 other meanings of RT in our Acronym Attic
- Rajasthan Swasthya Yoga Parishad (Indian yoga training center)
- Royal Sydney Yacht Squadron (Australia)
- Radio Society of Zambia (Kitwe, Zambia)
- Railway Systems of Zambia Ltd. (Kabwe, Zambia)
- Ranotsara Shear Zone (geology)
- Re-Scaled Sum of Z-Scores
- Replication Slow Zone (biological chemistry)
- Rijksdienst Voor Sociale Zekerheid (Belgium National Social Security Office)
- Rabbi Shlomo Zalman Auerbach
- Racing Team (Dodge)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I was angry, not at him, but at myself for allowing my mind to be packed by racing thoughts.
The symptoms of bipolar disorder include alternating periods of depression and high or irritable mood, increased activity and restlessness, racing thoughts, talking fast, impulsive behavior, and a decreased need for sleep.
Intermediate-half-life benzodiazepines also have some short-term utility, he said, particularly for patients who have responded reasonably well to atypicals but continue to experience irritability and racing thoughts.
We have racing thoughts and unattainable ambitions.
Features such as increased energy, elevated mood, disinhibition and racing thoughts are common antecedents to the emergence of a full blown manic episode.
For example, if a person has high histamine levels, neurons in the brain fire excessively and cause racing thoughts that can result in insomnia, extreme anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and compulsive behavior.
that they can teach better than the teacher), speaking rapidly, having racing thoughts, having bizarre hallucinations, making outrageous comments, and exhibiting hypersexuality (e.