The event featured the third round of the UAE Championship 211/12 and was sailed under the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS).
What does RRS stand for?
RRS stands for Racing Rules of Sailing (international rules for racing sailboats)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RRS
We have 197 other meanings of RRS in our Acronym Attic
- Rokupr Rice Research Station (Sierra Leone)
- Royal Rife Research Society
- Rapid Response Robotic Telescope (Norfolk State University; Virginia)
- Regional Rights Resource Team
- Release Rapid Response Team (Mozilla Firefox software department)
- Resection of Residual Retroperitoneal Tumor Mass
- Regensburg Robotics Research Unit (Germany)
- Rate of Rise of Recovery Voltage
- Regional Rapid Response Vehicle
- Red River Romance Writers (Wichita Falls, Texas)
- Rack Room Shoes
- Radiation Research Society
- Radio Relay Squadron
- Radio Repeater Set
- Radon Reduction System (various companies)
- Raise Responsibility System (motivational discipline and learning system)
- Rallye Racing Sport (French sports equipment retailer)
- Randomly Rough Surface
- Range Rover Sport (car)
- Rapid Response Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
Both the Racing Rules of sailing and the rules of the class of boat you are sailing, there are many opportunities to gain places often around the track from knowing your rights, less important for offshore sailing but then offshore it is very important to know your rules for the type of boat you are sailing and to really understand what you can and can't do to increase boat-speed.
These applicable documents and rules are: the Deed of Gift; (89) the Protocol; (90) the America's Cup Class Rules (91) (if they are not applied to determine the admissibility of a yacht); the Terms of Challenge; (92) the applicable Notice of Race (93) (a separate Notice of race is published for each pre-regatta, the Challenger Selection series, and the final Match); the applicable Sailing Instructions (94) (which are specific to each regatta); and the Racing Rules of Sailing (95) of the International Sailing Federation.
Part 1 enforces our concept of Anti-Doping and also emphasises that when we sail under the Racing Rules of Sailing then we are not to resort to any court of law or tribunal.
The Rolex Sydney Hobart will be the last offshore yachting event in Australia to be conducted under the existing Racing Rules of Sailing as a new 'blue book' will come into effect on I January 2009.
Yachting Australia teamed up with OCEAN Media to publish this latest 2009 edition of The Racing Rules of Sailing for 2009-2012.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Major changes to safety rules (called Yachting Australia Special Regulations) for offshore and inshore yacht racing are in the wind, along with changes to the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS).
Consequently, the Introductory Rules are as basic as possible, although they remain compatible with the principles and fundamental rules in the full ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS).