Lambie had been working on the alternative to what he calls the 'dysfunctional' QWERTY keyboard over 25 years ago.
What does QK stand for?
QK stands for Qwerty Keyboard
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of QK
- Quality Jewellers of Singapore (Singapore Jewellers Association)
- Quarterly Journal of Speech (National Communication Association)
- Qualified Joint and Survivor Annuity (pension plans)
- Quarterly Journal of Studies on Alcohol (now Journal of Studies on Alchohol)
- Qualified Joint Venture (tax classification)
- Quatuor Jean-Yves Fourmeau (band)
- Quantisized Kernel
- Quick Kaizen (methodology)
- Quidan-Kaisahan Negros Occidental (Phillapines)
- Quiet Key (Dell keyboard)
- Keuka Lake (one of the Finger Lakes in Upstate New York)
- Qualified 401(K) Administrator
- Quattrocchi Kwok Architects (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Quick Kill Against Death
- Breckenridge, CO, USA (Airport Code)
- Quality Kitchen and Bath
- Quality King Distributors (Ronkonkoma, NY)
- Quantum Key Distribution
- Quanti-Kin Detection System
- Quantum Key Exchange (protocol; computer science)
Samples in periodicals archive:
That said, the N95 lacks a qwerty keyboard and is lousy for e-mailing and text messaging.
The QWERTY keyboard is designed for ten fingers not one stylus or finger.
The result of these efforts is the common QWERTY keyboard (named for the letters in the upper left hand row).
NEW YORK -- Snapkeys, the inventor of 2i technology, the invisible keyboard, a revolutionary answer to the cumbersome QWERTY keyboard for mobile devices, has released "World Record" on both the Android Marketplace and Apple's App Store.
The layout is essentially identical to the QWERTY keyboard, so users won't have to search for keys, and its software is compatible with other portable keyboards and handheld accessories.
A second model, the Treo 180g, trades the QWERTY keyboard for Graffiti text input.
The E75 also provides users with both a full QWERTY keyboard and a 12-key ABC keypad, which participants found useful.