SOUTH Wales Police Chief Constable Peter Vaughan has been awarded the Queen's Police Medal (QPM).
What does QPM stand for?
QPM stands for Queen's Police Medal (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of QPM
We have 32 other meanings of QPM in our Acronym Attic
- Quantum Percolation Model
- Quantum Proximity Microscopy
- Quaque die Post Meridiem (Latin: Every Day After Noontime)
- Quark Parton Model
- Quarterly Planning Map
- Quarterly Projection Model
- Quasi-Phase Matching
- Quasiparticle Phonon Model
- Quay Property Management
- Queensland Police Museum
- Queensland Premier Mines
- Question of Procedure for Ministers
- Quick Pallet Maker
- Quick Power Meter
- Quebec Produce Marketing Association (est. 1947; produce industry advocacy and resources)
- Quasi-Particle Mean Density Approximation
- Quality Powered Mechanical Equipment (Environmental Protection Department; Hong Kong)
- Query Processing and Multimedia Issues in Distributed Systems
- Quantitative Process Management Information System
Samples in periodicals archive:
A Queen's Police Medal posthumously awarded to an inspector shot dead in Blackburn during a siege in 1958 sold for PS18,200.
Sir Norman was awarded the Queen's Police Medal in 2000 and was knighted in 2006.
THE deputy chief constable of Warwickshire Police was at Buckingham Palace yesterday to collect his Queen's Police Medal.
A DETECTIVE forced into retirement because of funding cuts has been awarded a Queen's Police Medal in the honours.
Also honoured with a Queen's Police Medal was an officer who disarmed a gunman who attempted to kidnap her daughter, Princess Anne, in 1974.
PC Rob Pritchard, known to hundreds of schoolchildren as Robbie the Bobby, became one of the few constables in the country to be presented with the Queen's Police Medal when he was called to Buckingham Palace.
Scotland Yard Assistant Commissioner Cressida Dick was awarded a Queen's Police Medal for distinguished service in the New Year Honours.