Astronomers describe 12 strange celestial objects that appear sometimes starlike and sometimes galaxy-like as quasars, for quasi-stellar objects (5/9/64, p.
What does QSO stand for?
QSO stands for Quasi-Stellar Object
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of QSO
We have 18 other meanings of QSO in our Acronym Attic
- Queue Sequence Number
- Quit Smoking Now
- Queen Sirikit National Convention Center (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Queen Sirikit National Convention Center (Thailand)
- Quantum Spaces-Noncommutative Geometry
- Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health (Thailand)
- Communicate With
- Companions of the Queen's Service Order (New Zealand)
- Quantic Soul Orchestra (band)
- Quasi-Stationary Orbit
- Queensland Symphony Orchestra (Australia; est. 1947)
- Qualified Service Organization Agreement
- Quincy Symphony Orchestra Association (Illinois)
- Queen's Student Opera Company (Kingston, Ontario, Canada)
- Queer Students on Campus (various universities)
- Quinn School Society (Ireland)
- Queer Students of Color and Allies (Tufts University student organization)
- Quarcelino School of Golf (Spring Hill, TN)
- Quick Short Open Load Thru
- Quad Small Outline Package
Samples in periodicals archive:
Quasars -- short for quasi-stellar objects -- are glowing discs of matter that orbit supermassive black holes, heating up and emitting extremely bright radiation as they do so.
Quasars, short for quasi-stellar objects, are glowing discs of matter that orbit supermassive black holes, heating up and emitting extremely bright radiation as they do so.