Quarter horse racing, that is, every weekend from December to mid-February.
What does QHR stand for?
QHR stands for Quarter Horse Racing
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of QHR
We have 2 other meanings of QHR in our Acronym Attic
- Qualified Health Plan
- Qualified Horary Practitioner (astrology)
- Quality Household Packing (Canada)
- Quality Hydraulic Power (various locations)
- Quail Hollow Presbyterian Church (Charlotte, NC)
- Quartz Hill Presbyterian Church (Quartz Hill, CA)
- Queensland Health Pathology and Scientific Services (Australia)
- Qualitative Health Research (journal)
- Quality Hours (grading system)
- Quantized Hall Resistance (physics)
- Queen of the Holy Rosary (various locations)
- Quorum Health Resources
- Queensland Harness Racing Board (Australia)
- Quaker House Residential Community (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Quebec Human Rights Commission (Canada)
- Quantum Health Resources Inc.
- Queensland Health Rural Scholarship Scheme (Australia)
- Quantum Hierarchical Reference Theory
- Honorary Surgeon to the Queen (UK)
- Quainton Hall School (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Speaking to a group of UAE-based reporters who were given a first-hand experience of Quarter Horse racing at the Sam Houston Racing Park in Texas on Friday night, Eric Johnston, Vice-President of Racing, said the UAE support was timely.
XpressBet, LLC, headquartered in Washington, PA, is a leading provider of advanced deposit wagering services on Thoroughbred, Harness and Quarter Horse racing online and by telephone.
QUARTER HORSE racing is an established part of the US racing scene, and several top thoroughbred trainers, notably D Wayne Lukas and Bob Baffert, were leading exponents before switching to the more prestigious and lucrative 'code'.
Racing at Evangeline Downs will resume with quarter horse racing set for September 27 to December 2.
The switch is possible under legislation, sought by the Los Alamitos Quarter Horse Racing Association, that applies only to California quarterhorse meets.
About Canterbury Park: Canterbury Park Holding Corporation owns and operates Canterbury Park Racetrack, Minnesota's only thoroughbred and quarter horse racing facility.
Bob Baffert and D Wayne Lukas, two of the most vocal opponents of the surfaces, both started in quarter horse racing.