JAMI's high radiometric sensitivity and accurate calibration enable much better cloud top and sea surface temperature measurements, which will improve quantitative precipitation forecasts along with aviation and shipping weather forecasts, especially for regions outside the range of surface-based radars.
What does QPF stand for?
QPF stands for Quantitative Precipitation Forecast (National Weather Service)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of QPF
We have 13 other meanings of QPF in our Acronym Attic
- Quinn Process Eqipment Co.
- Queeny Park Equestrian Events
- Qualified Public Educational Facilities Bond Program (Michigan)
- Quantity Per End Item
- Quarter Pixel Motion Estimation (MPEG-4 video)
- Quoted Private Equity Limited (UK)
- Quantum-Mechanical Potential Based on Interaction of Electrons and Nuclei
- Quantitative Progressive Exercise Rehabilitation
- Qt Prerendered Font (computing)
- Quantitative Perfusion Fluorometry (blood flow distribution)
- Quote Preparation Fee
- Qualified Plan Financial Consultant (ASPPA)
- Queen's Park Football Club (UK)
- Queensland Professional Filmmakers Guild (Australia)
- Queensland Paulownia Forests Limited (Australia)
- Quantum Projective Field Theory (physics)
- QNX Package Generation
- Quantum Performance Group, Inc. (Palmyra, NY)
- Quantum Phase Gate (physics)
- Quark-Gluon Plasma
Samples in periodicals archive:
This agreement will add new weather products from Fox Weather to Terra Spase's web site, including: -- Satellite rain forecasts of offshore weather systems; -- 10-day agricultural weather forecast for Napa and Sonoma Counties, including high/low temperatures, precipitation, and evapotranspiration and trends; -- 30-day weather outlook for coastal areas of Northern California; -- Disease risk forecasts for botrytis and powdery mildew; -- Quantitative precipitation forecast, providing probability of expected rainfall every 3 hours for 24-hour periods.