The advent of peripheral quantitative computed tomography (pQCT), a three-dimensional measurement technique, has revealed that BMD loss differs at trabecular bone sites of the distal and proximal epiphyses  and that bone loss at diaphyseal sites occurs as a result of cortical wall thinning, not by decline of BMD [13,20].
What does QCT stand for?
QCT stands for Quantitative Computed Tomography (bone scanning method)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of QCT
We have 42 other meanings of QCT in our Acronym Attic
- Quality Control Systems and Services (San Clemente, CA)
- Quantitative Coronary Stenosis Score (cardiology)
- Queensland Core Skills Test (Queensland Studies Authority; Australia)
- Quick Cognitive Screening Test
- Qingdao CIMC Special Vehicles Co., Ltd.
- Qualified Clinical Social Worker (National Association of Social Workers)
- Quad-City Times (newspaper; Davenport, IA)
- Qualcomm CDMA Technology
- Quality Control Team
- Quality Couch Time
- Quantum Chrestenson Transform
- Quasi-Classical Trajectory
- Quill Capita Trust (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Quasi-Classical Trajectory - Internal Energy Quantum Mechanical Threshold
- Queensland Clay Target Association
- Quezon City Travel Agencies Association (Philippines)
- Quality Control Training Course
- Quantum Chemical Tree Code
- Quasi-Complementary Turbo Code
- Queen Camel Tennis Club (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, studies using quantitative computed tomography (QCT) report somewhat disparate findings from studies using dual X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) to measure BMD.
Three-dimensional, high-resolution peripheral quantitative computed tomography reveals significant differences in the way that trabecular bone microstructure changes with age in men and women.
Peripheral quantitative computed tomography (pQCT) allows the noninvasive evaluation of bone strength parameters of long bones .
A second presentation, titled "Accuracy and Precision of Quantitative Computed Tomography in Patients with Severe Emphysema," concludes that Quantitative Computed Tomography (QCT) measures of lung volumes have significantly less variation than PL (plethysmography), typically considered the best measure of lung volume in severe COPD.
Investigators used Quantitative Computed Tomography (QCT), an advanced imaging technology, to analyze the results in this study.
Nasdaq NM Symbol: NRLD) announced today its has entered into an agreement with Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) to apply Norland's peripheral Quantitative Computed Tomography technology (pQCT(TM)) to research of therapies against osteoporosis and other bone diseases.