Leslie Marr, of NHS Quality Improvement Scotland, said: "This is the first time we have had statistics for postcode areas.
What does QIS stand for?
QIS stands for Quality Improvement Scotland (National Health Service; UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of QIS
We have 37 other meanings of QIS in our Acronym Attic
- Quality Inspection Report
- Quantified Imaging Resource (medical imaging software)
- Quantitative Investment Research SA (China)
- Quarterly Investment Report (various organizations)
- Question, Information Response
- Queensland Industrial Relations Commission (Australia)
- Queensland Integrated Refugee Community Health Clinic (Australia)
- Quality Improvement Risk Management (insurance or hospital program)
- Quality Improvement Research Network
- QUALCOMM Internet Services
- Quality Information System
- Quality Innovative Solutions, Inc. (Oxnard, CA)
- Quality Integrated Services, Inc.
- Quantitative Impact Study
- Quantum Information Science
- Quantitative Impact Study 3
- Quaglia Institute for Student Aspirations (Portland, ME)
- Queued Indexed Sequential Access Method
- Quality International Study Abroad Network
- Queensland Industry Skills Council (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The NHS Quality Improvement Scotland study found 15 of the 648 youngsters were primary pupils.
They failed to implement recommendations by watchdogs NHS Quality Improvement Scotland three years ago that all pregnant women should get a second scan to detect foetal abnormalities.
The report, from NHS Quality Improvement Scotland, also highlighted key strengths such as helping women with complications conceive, strong screening and diagnosis.
Dr Jacqueline Mok and Professor Anthony Busuttil, head of the hospital's forensic medicine section, did the research for NHS Quality Improvement Scotland.
The guidelines were set out by NHS Quality Improvement Scotland after their probe into how children's medical records were found at the disused Strathmartine Hospital in Dundee.
The findings from NHS Quality Improvement Scotland are in a followup to a 2003 report which identified take-up rates as a "challenge".
In particular, he wants Chisholm to be able to send in hit squads to hospitals that fail to meet cleanliness standards policed by the new watchdog NHS Quality Improvement Scotland.