In lieu of this complicated formula, employers are permitted to use safe-harbor methods that involve making either (1) qualified matching contributions or (2) nonelective contributions to all eligible non-highly compensated employees.
What does QMAC stand for?
QMAC stands for Qualified Matching Contributions (qualified retirement plans)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of QMAC
We have 9 other meanings of QMAC in our Acronym Attic
- Quarter Midget Association
- Quartz Mining Act (Canada)
- Queen Margaret Academy (Ayrshire, Scotland)
- Queens Museum of Art (Queens, NY)
- Quinte Manufacturers Association (Ontario, Canada)
- Quiz Magic Academy (arcade game)
- Quick Maneuver Air to Air Missile
- QAM (Quadrature Amplitude Modulation) Multiple-Access Channel
- Quad Media Access Controller (Cisco)
- Quadripartite Materiel & Agreements Committee
- Queen's Marketing Association Conference (Canada)
- Questionnaire on Method of Allocating Costs (UK MOD)
- Quality Management Accountability Framework
- Qualified for Mobilization Ashore Only (US Navy)
- Quality Medication Administration Project (Pennsylvania)
- Quantitative Migration-Activity Relationship
- Quality Management and Analysis System (UK)
- Quality Manufacturing Assurance Systems (automotive industry)
- Quality Measurement Advisory Service
- Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (Hong Kong immigration system)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In lieu of this complicated formula, employers are permitted to use safe-harbor methods that involve either (1) making qualified matching contributions or (2) making nonelective contributions to all eligible non-highly compensated employees.
When the chips are down, plan sponsors can pull out one or both of the Aces-in-the-Hole allowed by law: Qualified Matching Contributions (QMACs) and Qualified Nonelective Contributions (QNECs).