45D(b) (1), an equity investment in a CDE is a QEI if (1) the investment is acquired by the taxpayer at its original issue solely in exchange for cash; (2) substantially all the cash is used by the CDE to make qualified low-income community investments (QLICIs); and (3) the investment is designated for purposes of Sec.
What does QLICI stand for?
QLICI stands for Qualified Low-Income Community Investments
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Quinton Local History Society (UK)
- Quad Link Interface
- Quality of Life Index
- Quantum Leap Improvement (QLI International; Greer, SC)
- Queenco Leisure International Ltd. (Israel)
- Query Language Interpreter
- Quick Look In
- Quality of Life Index for Mental Health
- Qatar Ladies Investment Company
- Quality of Life Index-Cancer (hematology)
- Quality Low Input Food (conference)
- Query Letters I Love
- Queens-Long Island Medical Group
- Quintiles Laboratory Information Management System (India)
- Qualité, Logistique Industrielle et Organisation (French: Quality, Industrial Logistics and Organization)
- Quantitative Luminescence Imaging System
- Software Scenario Models for Quality of Life in Information Society
- Qualified Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
- Qualified Laboratories List (Defense Personnel Support Command; Philadelphia, PA)
- Quartz Linear Lamp (infra-red lamp)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Three Community Development Entities (CDEs) teamed to create a financing package of $41 million qualified low-income community investments (QLICI) to develop a salmon-processing plant in Platinum Goodnews Bay Seafoods in 2009.
WASHINGTON, May 3 /PRNewswire/ -- On March 1, the Department of Treasury amended the temporary regulations for the new markets tax credit, addressing a number of critical concerns, including the substantially all test, qualified low-income community investments, qualified low-income community business, control and other matters.
Permissible Investments For equity investors in a community development entity (CDE) to qualify for NMTCs, the CDE must use 85% (substantially all) of contributed capital to make qualified low-income community investments.
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY * A CDE must use substantially all the cash contributed in exchange for the equity interest to make qualified low-income community investments.