As part of the annual liaison process between the IRS and the CalCPA Committee on Taxation, a question was submitted to the IRS pointing out self-employment tax problems that could arise because the 2007 instructions required each spouse electing qualified joint venture treatment for a rental real estate business to file a separate Schedule C (instead of Schedule E) even though that business' net income is not subject to the self-employment tax.
What does QJV stand for?
QJV stands for Qualified Joint Venture (tax classification)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
- Queens Jazz Orchestra (New York)
- State Library of Queensland, John Oxley Library (Australia)
- Quarterly Journal of Economics
- Quarterly Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society
- Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society
- Queensland Junior Rugby Union (Australia)
- Quality Jewellers of Singapore (Singapore Jewellers Association)
- Quarterly Journal of Speech (National Communication Association)
- Qualified Joint and Survivor Annuity (pension plans)
- Quarterly Journal of Studies on Alcohol (now Journal of Studies on Alchohol)
- Quatuor Jean-Yves Fourmeau (band)
- Quantisized Kernel
- Quick Kaizen (methodology)
- Quidan-Kaisahan Negros Occidental (Phillapines)
- Quiet Key (Dell keyboard)
- Qwerty Keyboard
- Keuka Lake (one of the Finger Lakes in Upstate New York)
- Qualified 401(K) Administrator
- Quattrocchi Kwok Architects (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Quick Kill Against Death
Samples in periodicals archive:
A qualified joint venture is a joint venture involving the conduct of a trade or business if (1) the only members of the joint venture are a husband and wife, (2) both spouses materially participate in the trade or business, and (3) both spouses elect to not have the joint venture treated as a partnership.
Tax Election Permits Certain Married Co-Owners in Qualified Joint Ventures to File Schedules C Rather than Partnership Returns For tax years beginning after December 31, 2006, the Small Business and Work Opportunity Tax Act of 2007 (Public Law 110-28) provides that a "qualified joint venture," whose only members are a husband and a wife filing a joint return, can elect not to be treated as a partnership for Federal tax purposes.
Although looking for a qualified joint venture partner is a little bit easier than finding an ideal master franchisee, it is still very hard and time-consuming.
Due to the proprietary design nature of the technology, the unique reactors and control modules will only be showcased to the media and qualified joint venture partners who have signed non-disclosure agreements.
BMR is seeking qualified joint venture partners to fund and operate both the America Mine (California) and Madison (Montana), gold projects.
The Company views this landmark document as crucial for attracting qualified joint venture partners and in underpinning any equity financing it may decide to embark on.
Its goal is to develop world class mines in these areas through its own resources and in conjunction with qualified joint venture partners.