In a test earlier this year, the first qualification motor was successfully static fired at the uppermost operating temperature.
What does QM stand for?
QM stands for Qualification Motor (US NASA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of QM
We have 14 other meanings of QM in our Acronym Attic
- Quantitative Lexicology and Variational Linguistics (University of Leuven; Belgium)
- Quality Level Verification Sheet
- Quick Link Wall
- Quebec Literacy Working Group (Canada)
- Quality Links EXchange (Russia)
- Air Malawi (IATA airline code)
- British Long Range Radio Aid to Navigation (US Navy)
- Quadratmeter (German: square meter)
- Quadrature Modulation
- Qualification Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
Air Force and Northrop Grumman provided qualification certification to ATK on June 16, after the company completed a Functional Configuration Audit verifying that the qualification motors met all technical requirements.
Today's test marks the second of three qualification motor firings and reflects a number of new design features that will enhance the robustness of the motor for its application on Atlas V.