In the medium-scale organisation category (employing less than 500), Mesaieed Power Company was the winner; followed by Qatar Fuel Additives Company and Qatar Vinyl Company.
What does QVC stand for?
QVC stands for Qatar Vinyl Company (est. 1997)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of QVC
We have 4 other meanings of QVC in our Acronym Attic
- Qui Vixit Annis (Latin: Who Lived (insert number) Years, epigraphy)
- Qwest Voice Advantage
- Quiet Automatic Volume Control
- Queensland Vintage Aeroplane Group (Australia)
- Quinnipiac Valley Audubon Society, Inc. (Chesire, CT)
- QMW (Queen Mary & Westfield College) Validation Browser (software; UK)
- Queen Victoria Building (City Hall, Sydney)
- Qui Va Bien (French)
- Quidel Value Build (Quidel Corporation; San Diego, CA)
- Queens Village Branch Library (Jamaica, NY)
- Quality Vacation Club (tourism)
- Quality Value Convenience
- Quality, Value and Chaos (The Apprentice reference)
- Queen Victoria Crown (various locations)
- Question Valid Command
- Queens Village Civic Association (founded 1957; Queens, NY)
- Quaboag Valley Chamber of Commerce (Palmer, MA)
- Quail Valley Country Club (Missouri City, TX)
- Quality Variation Control Characteristic (Nissan)
- Questa Vecindad Chamber of Commerce (Questa, NM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A recent example of Shell awarding a contract to a local company was the signing late last year of an agreement between Qatar Shell and Venture Gulf Engineering (VGE) to include Qatar Vinyl Company (QVC) as an approved local manufacturer of hydrochloric acid (HCL).
The companies which received the appreciation certificate included Dolphin Energy, Maersk Oil, Nakilat, Occidental Petroleum, Oryx GTL, Qatar Chemical Company, Qatar Fertiliser Company, Qatar Fuel Additives Company, Qatar Petrochemical Company, Qatar Shell, Qatar Vinyl Company, Qatargas, Ras Girtas Power Company, RasGas, Seef, Total E&P Qatar and Wintershall Holding.
The country's downstream industries are developing rapidly with Qatar Vinyl Company (QVC) and Qatar Chemicals Company (Q-Chem) due to come on stream in mid-2001 and 2002 respectively.
Key Topics Covered: * SWOT Analysis * Global Petrochemicals Overview * Gulf Regional Overview * Market Overview * Industry Trends And Developments * Business Environment * Industry Forecast Scenario * Macroeconomic Outlook * Company Profiles * Qatar Chemical Company (Q-Chem) * Qatar Fertiliser Company (Qafco) * Qatar Fuel Additives Company (Qafac) * Qatar Petrochemicals Company (QAPCO) * Qatar Plastic Products Company (QPPC) * Qatar Vinyl Company (QVC) For more information visit http://www.
A recent example of Shell awarding a contract to a local company was the signing of an agreement between Qatar Shell and Venture Gulf Engineering (VGE) to include Qatar Vinyl Company Ltd (QVC) as an approved local manufacturer of hydrochloric acid (HCL).
The remainder of the ethylene is supplied to Qapco subsidiary Qatar Vinyl Company for producing ethylene dichloride, vinyl chloride monomer and caustic soda.
Qatar Vinyl Company (QVC) began production in mid-2001 as its plant next to Qafco's complex at Umm Said went on stream with a capacity of 340,000 t/y of ethylene dichloride (EDC), 290,000 t/y of caustic soda and chlorine and 230,000 t/y of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM).