Assays of Pyrilinks-D (DPD), pyridinoline, and N-terminal cross-linked peptides (NTx) in serum and urine have been advanced as sensitive and specific markers for bone resorption.
What does Pyd stand for?
Pyd stands for Pyridinoline
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Pyd
We have 5 other meanings of Pyd in our Acronym Attic
- 1-Pyrroline-5-Carboxylate Synthetase
- Pathfinder Youth Centre Society (Canada)
- Plasmodium Yoelii Circumsporozoite Surface Protein
- Park-Your-Domain.com (Web domain registration)
- Partiya Yekitiya Demokrat (Kurdish: Democratic Union Party)
- Partners for Youth with Disabilities (Boston, MA)
- Pasadena Young Democrats
- Positive Youth Development
- Professional Yacht Deliveries (Cumbria, England, UK)
- Projected Yearly Dose (radiology)
- Potomac Yard Design Advisory Committee (Virginia)
- Portege Youth Development Initiative
- Potato Yellow Dwarf Virus (plant virus)
- Professional Yacht Deliveries Worldwide (UK)
- Peptone-Yeast Extract (for cultivation of yeasts and molds)
- Provincial Youth Event
- Pitjantjatjara/Yankunytjatjara Education Committee (Australia)
- Pacific Youth Environment Network (UN Environment Program)
- Philippine Youth Employment Network
- French Polynesia (ISO Country code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Comparison of free and peptide-bound pyridinoline cross-links excretion in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Effect of the menopause and hormone eplacement therapy on the carboxy-terminal pyridinoline crosslinked telopeptide of type I collagen.
Urinary pyridinoline cross-links in Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VI.
The pyridinium crosslinks formed (deoxypyridinoline or Dpd, and pyridinoline or Pyd) act to strengthen the matrix, and are only found in mature collagen.
Such findings were then expressed in terms of peak ratios, with larger ratios reflecting an increase in the size and maturity of the crystals and an increase in the pyridinoline cross-links in collagen, both of which reflect a deterioration in the quality of the bone matrix, Dr.
During the zoledronic acid trials, the bone alkaline phosphatase (B-ALP), pyridinoline (PYD), deoxypyridinoline (DXP) and N-telopeptide (Ntx) were measured at baseline and at three monthly intervals.
Serum Pyridinoline Levels Predict the Severity of Future Joint Destruction in Rheumatoid Arthritis (Poster Session, THU0020; June 7, 2012, 11:45 AM - 1:30 PM CEST and 12:15 PM CEST Poster Tour) Levels of the bone and cartilage component pyridinoline were measured to evaluate this biomarker as an indicator of joint destruction in serum samples from 437 early RA patients from the Leiden Early Arthritis Cohort.