From literature search, most of the studies on leptospirosis were conducted among febrile patient or pyrexia of unknown origin (PUO) patient with other associated sign and symptoms such as jaundice; and patient with obvious foci of infection such as dengue and malaria were excluded from the study.
What does PUO stand for?
PUO stands for Pyrexia of Unknown Origin
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PUO
We have 18 other meanings of PUO in our Acronym Attic
- Publication User Needs Survey
- Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Technology (US/China agreement)
- People of Utterly No Tactical Significance
- Panstwowy Urzad Nadzoru Ubezpieczen (Polish: National Insurance Supervisory Authority)
- Punsters United Nearly Yearly (Austin, Texas)
- Plutonium Oxide
- Politeknik Ungku Omar (Malaysia)
- Portepee Unteroffizier (German military)
- Princeton University Orchestra
- Prohibited User Operation (DVD)
- Parliamentary Union of the Organization of the Islamic Conference Member
- Polska Unia Ofiar Nazizmu (Polish: Poland Union of Victims of Nazism)
- Prohibited User Operation
- Peaceful Use of Outer Space
- Packer Unpacker (Microsoft)
- Paid under Protest
- Parang UP
- PARC (Palo Alto Research Center Incorporated) Universal Protocol
- PARC Universal Packet Protocol
- Parti de l'Unite de Populaire (Popular Unity Party, Gabon)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Coverage includes an introduction to medical diagnosis; critical illness; cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, and neurological presentations; miscellaneous presentations such as frequency of micturition, hematuria, joint pain or swelling, back pain, pyrexia of unknown origin, anemia, and skin rash; and biochemical abnormalities.
McKeown PP, Campbell NP: Pyrexia of unknown origin and aortic dissection.