And so to the longest place name in Britain, known in shorter form as Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll, which means Church of St Mary in Pwllgwyngyll.
What does PG stand for?
PG stands for Pwllgwyngyll (Wales)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PG
We have 70 other meanings of PG in our Acronym Attic
- Propylene Glycol
- Prospective Gain
- Prosperity Gospel (religion)
- Protection Group (Nortel)
- Protective Guideline
- Proving Ground
- Public Guardian
- Pure Garbage
- Pyoderma Gangrenosum (skin disorder)
- Spratly Islands
- Promoting Group of the Movement for a Better World
- Plant Genetics & Biotechnology
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Purchased Goods and Services
- Parental Guidance suggested if under 13 years of age (movie rating)
- Periodically Gapped-Data Amplitude and Phase EStimation (algorithm)
- Periodically-Gapped Discrete Fourier Transform
- Prostaglandin Glycerol Esters and Prostaglandin Ethanolamide
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gall criw o bentref Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll dystio i hwyl y fath brofiad gan fod ymarferion ar droed yma ers wythnosau ar gyfer dau berfformiad o banto ddiwedd y mis yma yn festri Capel Rhosygad, dan gyfarwyddyd Wenna Williams.
The A55 dual carriage expressway runs 112km from Chester to Holyhead - the final section from Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll to Holyhead was completed in 2001.