Inventory controls notify users when items have been dormant for a specified period of time, or when the purchase price variance of an item exceeds a given percentage.
What does PPV stand for?
PPV stands for Purchase Price Variance
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PPV
We have 80 other meanings of PPV in our Acronym Attic
- Pre Production Verification
- Price Point Variance (financial management)
- Private Passenger Vehicle
- Product Platform Validation (software/hardware)
- Product Price Variance (economics)
- Product/Process Validation Vehicle (General Motors automotive)
- Professionele Project Verhuizers (Dutch brand for professional usiness movers)
- Public Passenger Vehicle (legal classification; various locations)
- Public-Private Venture
- Pulse Pressure Variation
- Park Police Volunteer Association (Maryland; National Capitol Park Police)
- Persistent Pure Verbal Amnesia (neurology)
- Purchased Power Variance Account (Canada)
- Parker Price Venture Capital
- Pikes Peak Volleyball Club (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Presidential Payment Verification Committee (Nigeria)
- People for People Volunteer Corps of Liberia (humanitarian group)
- Percutaneous Portal Vein Embolization (surgical procedure)
- Program for Professional Values and Ethics in Medical Education
- Pope Paul VI Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
My ability to create favorable purchase price variances is the relevant measure of my performance.
To survive, Barnhart says, EMS firms need purchase price variance.
Quarterly fluctuations in margins are due not only to product mix, but also to the timing and direction of manufacturing and purchase price variances and nonrecurring charges.
The increase in gross margin is attributable to price increases effected early in the calendar year, certain process improvements implemented in production operations over the past several years, the effect of correcting an error in calculating British Trimmings purchase price variance in the second half of fiscal year 1996 ($60,000 or .
However, results for the quarter were negatively impacted by three main issues: the reduced sales of sweepers to the contractor market; missed shipments, primarily in our Agricultural Division, due to component delays from overseas vendors; and, purchase price variances in all of our operations as we were confronted with high inflation in raw material costs.
The software will deliver improved management information on the manufacturing operations such as efficiency levels, purchase price variances and staff / materials utilisation in the production environment and factory planning and loading.
The margins improved primarily due to favorable purchase price variance from our suppliers supporting our Shanghai Interconnect operation and production efficiencies at our Power Distribution operations in Asia and the U.