It knows if the heart's electrical system is in an abnormal rhythm called ventricular fibrillation (v fib) or pulseless ventricular tachycardia (v tach).
What does PVT stand for?
PVT stands for Pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PVT
We have 82 other meanings of PVT in our Acronym Attic
- Product Validation Test
- Product Verification Test
- Production Validation Test
- Production Verification Test
- Protoss Versus Terran (Starcraft game)
- Protoss vs. Terran (gaming matchup in Starcraft)
- Prototype Version Test
- Proximal Vein Thrombosis
- Psychomotor Vigilance Task
- Public Value Test (British Broadcasting Corporation; UK)
- Product Validation Test - Contractor/Government
- Pioneer Valley Transit Authority
- Pomona Valley Transportation Authority (La Verne, CA)
- Potomac Valley Transit Authority (est. 1977; Petersburg, WV)
- Palos Verdes Tennis Club (California)
- Paulinskill Valley Trail Committee (Andover, NJ)
- Portola Valley Theatre Conservatory (Portola Valley, CA)
- Potomac Valley Track Club (Washington, DC)
- Present Value of Total Cost
- Punjab Vocational Training Council (Lahore, Pakistan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
All subjects were in ventricular fibrillation or pulseless ventricular tachycardia and had not reestablished a pulse with defibrillation and epinephrine after a similar duration of resuscitation attempts.