The NeuroStar TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) Therapy System is a non-invasive, non-drug therapeutic device that delivers magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-strength, pulsed magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the part of the brain thought to control mood.
What does PMF stand for?
PMF stands for Pulsed Magnetic Field
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMF
We have 124 other meanings of PMF in our Acronym Attic
- Prirodoslovno-Matematicki Fakultet (Zagreb, Hrvtska)
- Private Military Firm
- Probability Mass Function
- Probable Maximum Flood
- Progressive Massive Fibrosis
- Project Management Framework
- Propellant Mass Fraction
- Proton Motive Force
- Provisioning Master File
- Pull My Finger
- Polyamine-Modulated Factor 1
- Fireman Apprentice, Patternmaker Striker (Naval Rating)
- Paddy McCourt's Fenian Army
- Pamiyabe-Yabe Manga Farmers Association (Philippines)
- Permanent Magnet Focus Assembly
- Pierre Marie's Familial Ataxia (psychiatry)
- Plante and Moran Financial Advisors (Michigan)
- Plastic & Maxillo-Facial Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine (medical magazine; Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
- Professional Marital Financial Advisor
- Proteins Migrating Faster than Albumin
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rodger used low-intensity, pulsed magnetic field stimulation (PMF) on the rodents' SC for 10 minutes a day for more than two weeks.
PRF induces a non-invasive pulsed magnetic field to accelerate the biochemical cascades involved in tissue repair and regeneration, according to the company.
This voltage is passed through a coil, generating a safe, pulsed magnetic field around the coil.
Thus, the pulsed magnetic field causes the discrete-portion heat input, creating additional capabilities for the control of the ingot crystallization process and metal quality.
They tried nerve block with Botox and phenol, computer-assisted biofeedback, and pulsed magnetic field therapy.
The PIMM uses a co-planar waveguide as both a source of fast, pulsed magnetic fields and as an inductive flux sensor.
Also subjective impression were recorded of subjects in real time in our ELF pulsed magnetic field effects on human EEG.