Applus used the RTD Incotest Pulsed Eddy Current System, an electromagnetic method of inspection which saturates the whole cross-sectional tool foot print area of pipe to determine the average wall thickness.
What does PEC stand for?
PEC stands for Pulsed Eddy Current (inspection tool)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PEC
We have 505 other meanings of PEC in our Acronym Attic
- Proposta de Emenda à Constituição (politics, Brazil)
- Protective Electronic Circuit (electronics)
- Protective Electrostatic Chuck Cover (semiconductors)
- Protestant Episcopal Church
- Provincial Electoral Commission (various locations)
- Proximity–Effect Correction
- Public Education Coalition
- Public Education Council (Australia)
- Pulchowk Engineering College (Kathmandu, Nepal)
- Pulse Envelope Correlation
- Punjab Engineering College (Chandigarh, India)
- Pure Entertainment Company
- Peritoneal Exudate Cells Isolated on Day 14 (cancer research)
- Conformity Assessment and the Acceptance of Industrial Products (agreements between EU and candidate countries on free movement of goods)
- Patrick E. Carroll and Associates (Cypress, CA)
- Professional Electrical Contractors Association, Inc.
- Pulaski Enterprise Community Alliance (Arkansas)
- Punjab Educational and Cultural Activities Trust (India)
- Purchased Electric Commodity Account (power procurement costs)
- Production Estimates and Crop Assessment Division (USDA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Applus RTD used the RTD "Incotest" Pulsed Eddy Current System, an electromagnetic method of inspection which saturates the whole cross-sectional tool foot print area of pipe to determine the average wall thickness.
company licensed to use a new Pulsed Eddy Current (PEC) inspection methodology that allows for accurate corrosion measurement through insulation, concrete, brick or other materials without having to remove them.
Other initiatives under development include: Transient Infrared Thermography, a low-cost alternative to many surface and subsurface inspection techniques; Phased Array Ultrasound, which simultaneously scans objects at multiple depths; and Pulsed Eddy Current for rapid surface and multilayer inspection of large areas.