But the team also will have access to some sophisticated equipment, including a pulse amplitude modulation fluorometer, a $13,000 piece of equipment that helps analyze how the algae utilize sunlight in photosynthesis.
What does PAM stand for?
PAM stands for Pulse Amplitude Modulation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PAM
We have 418 other meanings of PAM in our Acronym Attic
- Project Ares Mod (gaming)
- Promise Array Management
- Protected Areas Management (conservation)
- Proud Arabian Mare (Breyer mold)
- Proud Army Mom
- Public Affairs Manager
- Published Application Manager (Citrix Metaframe Utility)
- Pulmonary Alveolar Macrophage
- Pulse Adapter Module
- Pulse Amplifier Modulation
- Pupil Adjust Mechanism (used on telescopes)
- Purpose, Audience, Message (writing goals model)
- Tyndall AFB-Panama City Airport (Panama City, FL)
- Payload Assist Module, Delta-class
- Pulse Amplitude Modulation Ultra-Wideband
- Pack At Most 1 (packing scheme)
- Pulse Amplitude Modulation 5
- Package Match
- Pan American Medical Association
- Payment Acceptance Management Association (New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Techniques for modulating UWB pulses include Pulse Position Modulation and Pulse Amplitude Modulation.
The FirePRO LDR technology lets current and potential users of IEEE-1394 take advantage of 1000BASE-T (GigE) pulse amplitude modulation (PAM-5) signaling to achieve Gigabit transfers at distances up to 100 meters with CAT 5e, 6 or 7 cables at a fraction of the cost of optical fiber.
The ZipWirePlus M28976 transceiver uses a unique dual-bearer architecture and advanced 32-level pulse amplitude modulation (PAM) to operate at twice the normal G.
It combines a flexible frame mapper with a Trellis Coded Pulse Amplitude Modulation (TC-PAM) transceiver and an analog front end, which is equipped with an integrated line driver that supports line rates up to 2.
Total Reach DDS uses ADTRAN's Simple Coded Pulse Amplitude Modulation (SC PAM(R)) technology for DDS/Frame Relay transmission.
HiGain Solitaire is PairGain's implementation of the OPTIS (Overlapped Pulse Amplitude Modulation Transmission with Interlocking Spectra) line code into its industry leading T1 access products.
The Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM) based solution is suitable for both mixed mode crosstalk environments and spectral compatibility with coexisting services.