The team suspects a compact source or pulsar wind nebula to be sitting in the center of the radio emission, implying that the supernova explosion did not make the star collapse into a black hole.
What does PWN stand for?
PWN stands for Pulsar Wind Nebula
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PWN
We have 29 other meanings of PWN in our Acronym Attic
- Permanent Wyoming Mineral Trust Fund
- [not an acronym] Own (hackish; gaming slang)
- Person with Narcolepsy (sleep disorder)
- Pervasive Wireless Networking (workshop)
- Pine Wood Nematode (plant worm)
- Plant Wide Network
- Positive Women's Network (Oakland, CA)
- Pro Wrestling News (podcast)
- Professional Women's Network
- Provinciaal Waterleidingbedrijf Noord-Holland (North-Holland Waterworks)
- Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN (Polish scientific publishers; formerly Polskie Wydawnictwo Naukowe)
- Power Washers of North America
- Prader-Willi Northwest Association (various locations)
- Participation Works Network for England
- [not an acronym] Owned (hackish; gaming slang)
- Paragonimus westermani Newly Excysted Metacercariae
- Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre (Northwest Territories, Canada)
- Persatuan Wartawan Nasional Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesia National Journalists Union)
- Philosophy: Who Needs It (book)
- Province-Wide Nursing Project (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Crab pulsar, the best-known example of a bright pulsar wind nebula, is about 950 years old.
This neutron star, or pulsar, may be producing a cocoon of charged particles moving at close to the speed of light known as a pulsar wind nebula.