The defects that occurred with increased frequency included neural tube defects, eye defects, oral clefts, limb reduction defects, amniotic bands/limb body wall defects, and pulmonary valve stenosis.
What does PVS stand for?
PVS stands for Pulmonary Valve Stenosis (cardiac disease)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PVS
We have 155 other meanings of PVS in our Acronym Attic
- Potential Visible Set
- Potomac Valley Swimming (Washington, DC area)
- Power Visualization System
- Pressure Vessels and Systems
- Prime Vendor Support
- Prisoner Visitation and Support (Philadelphia, PA)
- Project Vote Smart
- Proof Verification System
- Propagation Validation System
- Prototype Verification System
- Night Vision Goggles
- Passenger Vessel Services Act of 1886
- Pferd Vom Schwanz Aufzäumen (Swiss/German slang)
- Pleasant View School for the Arts (Canton, OH)
- Post-Vasectomy Semen Analysis (healthcare review)
- Potato Virus S-Andean Strain
- Presidential Volunteer Service Award (est. 2004)
- Paced Visual Serial Addition Test (neuropsychology)
- Photovoltaic Science Applications and Technology (conference)
- Platte Valley State Bank (Nebraska)
Samples in periodicals archive:
8) Calcium occasionally occurs in the pulmonary valve after balloon valvuloplasty for pulmonary valve stenosis.
Weeks before Elizabeth's birth, Carol's 12-year-old daughter, Sarah, was diagnosed with the same pulmonary valve stenosis, but her heart valve was only slightly obstructed and did not require treatment.
A post mortem revealed she had pulmonary valve stenosis - a condition which narrows one of the main valves of her heart.
A post mortem revealed she had pulmonary valve stenosis (PVS) - a narrowing defect which causes the heart to become short of blood.