At the beginning of February, Bayer HealthCare submitted riociguat, the first drug to demonstrate efficacy in two distinct forms of pulmonary hypertension (inoperable chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) and pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) ) for regulatory approval in the United States and in the European Union.
What does PHT stand for?
PHT stands for Pulmonary Hypertension
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PHT
We have 55 other meanings of PHT in our Acronym Attic
- Potomac Heritage Trail (est. 1983)
- Preliminary Hearing Transcript (law)
- Pressure Half Time
- Primary Heat Transport (nuclear power plants)
- Prisoner Handling Team (UK)
- Pro Hockey Talk (NBC Sports)
- Professional Horse Trainer (certification)
- Pseudo-Hadamard Transform (Twofish, SAFER)
- Public Health Team
- Public Health Trust (Miami-Dade County, Florida)
- Putting Hubby Thru
- Peptide Histidine Transporter 1 (protein)
- Patterson House Tenant Association
- Potomac Heritage Trail Association (Vienna, VA)
- Psychotherapy and Hypnosis Training Academy (UK)
- Psychotherapy and Hypnosis Training Association
- Public Health Training Assistant
- Public Housing Tenants Association
- Petra Hypnosis & Training Centre (Singapore)
- Philadelphia Hair Transplant Center (est. 1994; Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AT THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CHEST PHYSICIANS ATLANTA--Riociguat, a novel first-in-class guanylate cyclase stimulator, significantly improved 6-minute walk distance in patients with inoperable chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension as well as in patients with symptomatic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bayer HealthCare today announced data from the Phase III CHEST-1 trial evaluating its investigational drug riociguat in patients with inoperable chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) or with persistent or recurrent pulmonary hypertension (PH) after surgery.
Pulmonary hypertension due to undiagnosed wide atrial septal defect (ASD) at the older age was the etiology of this giant aneurysm.
1) From the time of diagnosis, the 1-, 3-, and 5-year survival rates noted in the National Institute of Health Registry on Primary Pulmonary Hypertension were 77%, 41%, and 27%, respectively.
Human herpesvirus 8 (HHV-8) antibodies were detected in 1 of 33 patients with pulmonary hypertension (including in 1 of 16 with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension), 5 of 29 with cystic fibrosis, and 3 of 13 with interstitial lung disease.
FDA'S decision to approve sildenafil for pulmonary hypertension took into account several studies, including one with 277 patients who had, as adults, developed pulmonary hypertension for various reasons.
Rats fed vanadium-containing drinking water for 2 months developed pulmonary hypertension (Susic and Kentera 1986).