Less well known, though an excellent fact, I like to think, is that one of the blokes who wrote the lyrics to Puff the Magic Dragon had a different career in which he invented the technology used in 3D films.
What does PTMD stand for?
PTMD stands for Puff the Magic Dragon (song)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PTMD
We have 1 other meaning of PTMD in our Acronym Attic
- Power Transmission and Motion Control (conference)
- Powered Technology Manufacturing Corporation
- Preparatory Technical Maritime Conference
- Prevention of Transmission from Mother to Child
- Probabilistic Theories and Methods for Concurrency
- Psychological Therapies Management Committee
- Public Transport Management Centre (Vietnam)
- Prevention of Mother-to-Child Treatment (HIV transmission)
- Part-Time Marketing Director (various companies)
- Post-Traumatic Mood Disorder (psychology)
- Prairie-to-Mountain Explorer (educational compact disc set)
- Prévention Transmission Mére-Enfant (French: Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission; HIV/AIDS)
- Products of Thermophilic Methane Fermentation
- Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (London, England, UK)
- Play to Modify Games
- Polytetramethylene Glycol
- Preclinical Therapeutic Models Group (European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer)
- Purple-Throated Mountain Gem (bird)
- Previous Transmural Myocardial Infarction (cardiology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When the 37-year-old appeared before Ayr Sheriff Scott Pattison, she treated him to a rendition of Puff The Magic Dragon.
I speak as a dedicated surfer and Puff the Magic Dragon fan.
Not even the rise of rock and folk-rock seriously dented their success, with tracks ranging from cover versions of the standards to the children's song Puff the Magic Dragon, written by Peter Yarrow.
After-the-fact outrage has focused on the CD's centrepiece Barack the Magic Negro, which is sung to the tune of the classic children's song Puff the Magic Dragon.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] A lot of folks must have the old folk song Puff The Magic Dragon running through their heads.
I said that we could not possibly run our programme to the sound of Puff the Magic Dragon.
Not so good old John Bevan - No relation I hasten to add, oh dear God, no - who's spent the best part of 50 hours having the image of Puff The Magic Dragon painfully tattooed onto his, not inconsiderable, old chap.