The council plans to increase the Published Admission Number (PAN) at the junior school from 90 to 120 from September 2014.
What does PAN stand for?
PAN stands for Published Admission Number (UK schools)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PAN
We have 282 other meanings of PAN in our Acronym Attic
- Programmed Assigned Number
- Progressive Action Network (Washington, DC)
- Project Authorization Notice
- Promoters Arts Network (UK)
- Proteasome Activating Nucleotidase (genetics)
- Protect Arizona Now (anti-immigration group)
- Proto-Austronesian (language)
- Public Access Network
- Public Affairs News
- Publication Approval Number
- Uncovering Plagiarism, Authorship and Social Software Misuse (workshop)
- Pan American Airlines
- Pesticide Action Network Asia and the Pacific
- Panamanian American
- Plan d'Action National de l'Education Pour Tous (French)
- Plan d'Action National sur l'Hydrogène et les Piles à Combustibles
- Positional Alcohol Nystagmus Phase I
- Procedures for Air Navigation Services - Aircraft Operations (ICAO)
- Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System
- Pacific and Asian North America
Samples in periodicals archive:
In comparison, Bedlingtonshire Community High, which is just two miles away from St Benet Biscop, had a Published Admission Number of 220, but only received 154 first-choice applications.
Meanwhile, the Published Admission Number (PAN) for Seaton Burn Community College was 169, though only 86 places were offered.
A Kirklees Council spokesman said: "Gilthwaites First School has reached its published admission number for reception places in 2012/13 and therefore the local authority is unable to admit any more children because this would breach the Government's infant class size legislation which limits class sizes to no more than 30 children with a single qualified teacher.