Summary: The Sharjah Public Works Department and Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq) will jointly open the Sharjah Corniche (Al Bahr Road) tonight (Thursday), after the completion of the Dh21 million development works and the provision of service facilities on the road that connects Ahmed bin Darwish Square to Al Merraija Square.
What does PWD stand for?
PWD stands for Public Works Department
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PWD
We have 87 other meanings of PWD in our Acronym Attic
- Prevailing Wage Determination
- Print Working Directory (Unix command)
- Printed Wiring Diagram
- Procurement Work Directive
- Professional and Workforce Development (various schools)
- Program Word
- Program Work Directive
- Programmable Warhead Detonation
- Proximity Warning Device
- Psychological Warfare Division (US and UK)
- Pulse Width Discrimination
- Pure Word Deafness
- Persons With Disabilities Act
- People with Disabilities Advisory Committee
- People With Drug and Alcohol Problems
- Panel on World Data Centers
- Peninsula Workforce Development Center (Hampton, VA)
- Philadelphia Workforce Development Corporation
- Portugese Water Dog Club of America
- Persons With Disabilities Civil Rights Act (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Why does the Public Works Department want to build a four-lane road from Paphos to Coral Bay?
Teams from the Public Works Department which is carrying out a week-long probe, said the orphanage was situated near a hill that had been sliced off and left without any support system such as a retaining wall.
The Los Angeles County Public Works Department is looking at the counterplan by Sleepy Valley residents to change a traffic pattern rather than destroy the meandering orchard that blocks visibility for some motorists.
NAVFAC Southwest Public Works Department at Naval Base Ventura County won the award for Sustainable Design and Green Building in the military.
The paper said Carrboro Public Works Department director George Seiz noted that the town now plans to trial use of the alternative fuel in two of its fleet trucks.
The city's contract with current operating company, Pine Tree Waste Services, expired March 31, at which point the Public Works Department took over at the facility, according to the report.
Chase Anderson of the Nashville Public Works Department says the declining price of glass influenced the city's decision to eliminate it from curbside bins, which use commingled collections to divert everything but plastic and glass.