Navy Public Works Center, Guam; Navy Recruiting Area Five, Great Lakes, Ill.
What does PWC stand for?
PWC stands for Public Works Center
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of PWC
We have 169 other meanings of PWC in our Acronym Attic
- Principal Warfare Commander
- Proceed with Caution
- Professional Wedding Consultant
- Professional Women Controllers, Inc. (air traffic control specialists)
- Professional Women's Caucus
- Professionals in Workers' Compensation
- Prototype Window Class (computing)
- Psychosocial Working Conditions (UK survey)
- Public Warehousing Company (of Kuwait)
- Public Works Canada (Government of Canada)
- Public Works Construction (standard specifications)
- Public Works Contractor
- Purcell Wilderness Conservancy (provincial park; Canada)
- Physical Working Capacity at 170 beats /minute
- Physical Working Capacity at a Heart Rate of 170 Beats Per Minute
- Paragliding World Cup Association (est. 1990)
- Park West Community Association (Chantilly, VA)
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi Association (Canada)
- Personal Watercraft Club of Alaska (Anchorage, AK)
- Prince William Conservation Alliance (Woodbridge, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last year, the county had an engineering company gauge the condition of the utility infrastructure at the public works center, where the county's road department, land management division, surveyors office, fleet services and other operations are housed.
A huge rectangular hole, 40-feet deep and criss-crossed with massive iron support pipes, lies next to the Department of Public Works Center on South Smith Street.
GAO-02-506T March 13, 2002 This testimony discusses GAO's follow-up on the audit of key internal controls over purchase card activity at two Navy units based in San Diego--the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) Systems Center and the Navy Public Works Center (NPWC).
Wednesday's hearing focused on $12,000 worth of unauthorized credit card purchases by military and civilian workers at the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command Systems Center and the Navy Public Works Center, both in San Diego.
A weak internal control environment at the SPAWAR (Space and Naval Warfare) Systems Center San Diego and the Navy Public Works Center San Diego contributed to internal control weaknesses, fraud, and abuse," GAO said in a report, "Purchase Cards: Control Weaknesses Leave Two Navy Units Vulnerable to Fraud and Abuse.
A new technology developed in a collaborative effort between Envirogen (a Lawrenceville, New Jersey-based company that specializes in remediation of hazardous waste), the Office of Naval Research, the Public Works Center of Naval Air Station--North Island, and the Navy's Small Business Innovation Research Program adapts traditional biofiltration technology to the more difficult problem of airborne waste stream cleanup.
Among his many diverse tours of duty in the Navy, he served as Resident Officer in Charge of Construction, NAVFAC Southwest Division; Public Works Officer, Naval Base Coronado; Commanding Officer, Camp David; Executive Officer, Public Works Center Pearl Harbor; and Vice Commander, NAVFAC Pacific Division.