In 1935, the Public Utility Holding Company Act prevented utilities from entering other energy-related businesses and severely restricted their capacity for growth.
What does PUHCA stand for?
PUHCA stands for Public Utility Holding Company Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of PUHCA in our Acronym Attic
- Pseudaletia Unipuncta Granulosis Virus, Hawaiian Strain
- Peptic Ulcer Hemorrhage (gastroenterology)
- Personal Umbrella Handler
- Pharmacist's Ultimate Health (St. Paul, MN)
- Pick-Up Head (optical drives)
- Presbyterian University Hospital (University of Pittsburgh; Pennsylvania)
- Pacific Urchin Harvesters Association
- Pick Up Haul Ass (used by EMTs and paramedics for critical patients who must be transported to hospital ASAP)
- Philippine Underwater Hockey Confederation (Manila)
- Phoenix Urban Health Collective (Phoenix, AZ)
- Pu’ukohola Heiau National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- (Spin)-Projected Unrestricted Hartree-Fock
- Pulsed Ultra High Frequency System (E3GS)
- Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historic Park (US National Park Service)
- Partnership for Urban Health Research (Georgia State University)
- Phoenix Union High School (Phoenix, AZ)
- Peking University Health Science Centre (China)
- Phoenix Union High School District
- Placer Union High School District (Auburn, CA)
- Prevalence of Uncontrolled Hypertension
Samples in periodicals archive:
WASHINGTON, July 18 /PRNewswire/ -- The federal Public Utility Holding Company Act should continue to play a role in regulating the natural gas and electric industries, but the 59-year-old law needs to be updated to meet the demands of the new, more competitive energy marketplace, Consolidated Natural Gas Company (NYSE: CNG) Chairman George A.
I am Paul DeNicola, president and CEO of Southern Company Services and executive vice president of its parent firm, The Southern Company -- a registered holding company under the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935.
ExpertSource: TOPIC: Oil companies, water companies and banks are expected to penetrate the utility sector if Congress repeals the Public Utility Holding Company Act, according to an article by The Wall Street Journal.
is a registered holding company under the Public Utility Holding Company Act (PUHCA) of 1935.
is a registered holding company under the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935.
PNM Resources (NYSE: PNM) today filed a notice of registration under the federal Public Utility Holding Company Act with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
In addition to ACC approval, the acquisition still requires approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under the Public Utility Holding Company Act of 1935.