Byline: The Register-Guard It's time for a public safety sales tax When it comes to trimming Lane County's budget, all we hear is that we have to cut the most important service, which is public safety.
What does PSST stand for?
PSST stands for Public Safety Sales Tax
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PSST
We have 28 other meanings of PSST in our Acronym Attic
- Photoshop Secrets and Tips (website)
- Physician Satisfaction Stat Team
- Planet Search Survey Telescope
- Plasma Sources Science and Technology
- Please Stop Smoking Today
- Practicing Safer Sex Today
- Pressure Sore Status Tool
- Probabilistic Sequence Search Tool
- Programmable Soundscape Toy
- Protecting Surrey Schools Together
- Public Safety Spectrum Trust (telecommunications)
- Public Service Staffing Tribunal
- Port Safety Station (US Coast Guard)
- Principal State School Trust Fund (Florida)
- Pasukan Simpanan Sukarela Tentera Laut Di Raja Malaysia (Royal Malaysian Navy Reserves)
- Public Safety Sales Tax Oversight Committee (Colorado and California)
- Processor Side Straight Through Stub
- Pennsylvania Social Services Union
- Political Science Students Union (Simon Fraser University; Canada)
- Post-Setup Security Updates (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If public safety is the end-all, be-all of county budgeting, a public safety sales tax on a targeted list of items makes sense.
Like all California municipalities, the county is vulnerable to state funding cuts and reductions in public safety sales tax revenues as well as to a slowing economy and resulting revenue growth.