Street lights in Detroit are owned and maintained by the city's Public Lighting Department (PLD).
What does PLD stand for?
PLD stands for Public Lighting Department
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PLD
We have 129 other meanings of PLD in our Acronym Attic
- Pot Luck Dinner
- Power-Loss Density
- Primary Layer Depth
- Primary Linguistic Data
- Probable Line of Deployment
- Procurement Legal Division (US Navy)
- Program Logic Design
- Programmable Logic Design
- Programmable Logic Device
- Public Library District (various locations)
- Pulse Length Discrimination
- Pulsed Laser Deposition
- Pulsed Laser Diode
- Pumpe-Leitung-Düse Einspritzsystem
- Peripheral Low-Density Area
- Piecewise Linear Discriminant Analysis
- Planning Data
- Private Loop Direct Attach
- Professional Layout Digital Assistant (Adobe Acrobat plug-in)
- Professional Lighting Designer's Association (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
May 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Superconductor Corporation , a leading energy technologies company, and GE Energy, a business of the General Electric Company, received an order for two D-VAR(R) systems from the City of Detroit Public Lighting Department (PLD), a Municipal Electrical Utility with public and private customers based in Detroit, Michigan.
The Detroit Public Lighting Department services the power system of the library, and buildings closed Tuesday when service was interrupted.