Fortunately for the landlord in question, he is protected by his public liability insurance which not only covers any damages which might be awarded to the claimant, but also the legal costs of defending the claim and the claimants' legal costs if the landlord is found at fault.
What does PLI stand for?
PLI stands for Public Liability Insurance (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PLI
We have 140 other meanings of PLI in our Acronym Attic
- Prêt Locatif Intermédiaire (French: Intermediate Rental Loans)
- Private Line Interface
- product liability insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Profit Level Indicator
- Programmation Logique Inductive (French)
- Programming Language Interface (Verilog programming language)
- Projekt Lokal Idrottsutveckling (Sweden)
- Pruned Log Index
- Public Lands Institute (University of Nevada, Las Vegas)
- Punch List Item
- Position Location Information/Precise Position Location Information
- Party Like It's 1999
- P. (Philippe) Lhuillier Insurance Agency (now Cebuana Lhuillier Insurance Solutions; Philippines)
- Palestinian Library and Information Association
- Pawtuckaway Lake Improvement Association (Nottingham, NH)
- Philippine Life Insurance Association (Makati, Philippines)
- Planetary Laboratory for Image Analysis (software; Planetary Sciences Group; University of the Basque Country; Spain)
- Platte Lake Improvement Association (Michigan)
- Pollution Liability Insurance Agency (Olympia, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He made the threat after organisers refused to give details of their public liability insurance or pay a fee for use of his land.
The Holistic Centre Godalming requires that all therapists are fully qualified members of their appropriate Professional Body and that they all hold Public Liability Insurance.
LONDON, May 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Finding the right public liability insurance for your business can turn into a minefield.
Councillors have also called for pressure to be put on the Welsh Assembly Government to make it compulsory for food outlets to take out public liability insurance, which is currently not a legal requirement.
A STREET party to celebrate the royal wedding has been cancelled after organisers were told they would have to take out pounds 5million public liability insurance.
The information includes advice on whether licences are needed and how to gain permission for road closures alongside details on public liability insurance.
Public Liability insurance tends to be viewed as an essential business protection cover and will form part of a contractor's normal suite of insurances.