To engage Cornell Cooperative Extension and the public in the process of learning about genetically engineered foods and to increase public participation in decision making related to the technology, Wilkins is co-directing with James Shanahan, an associate professor of communication in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, a new public issues education program on genetically engineered foods and crops.
What does PIE stand for?
PIE stands for Public Issues Education
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PIE
We have 278 other meanings of PIE in our Acronym Attic
- Productivity Integrated Environment
- Program Information Exchange (various organizations)
- Progress in Industrial Ecology (journal; Inderscience Publishers)
- Project Import Export, Inc. (furniture; Miami, FL)
- Propagation, Infection, Execution (computer security)
- Proto-Indo European (linguistics)
- Protocol Information Element
- Psychological Impacts and Effects
- Public Interest Entity (various locations)
- Public Internet Exchange (various locations)
- Pulmonary Infiltrates with Eosinophils (lung disorder)
- Pulmonary Interstitial Emphysema (medical)
- Pulse Interference Elimination
- Pulsed Irrigation Evacuation (enema)
- Punkt Informacji Europejskiej (Polish: European Information Point)
- St Petersburg/Clearwater, FL, USA - St Petersburg/Clearwater International (Airport Code)
- Peel International Education Alliance (educational organization; Oakville, Ontario,Canada)
- Petroleum Industry Electrical Association
- Petroleum Institute of East Africa (oil industry group; Nairobi, Kenya; est.1999)
- Photo Imaging Education Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Major needs were identified in a number of areas and funds were established to meet those needs in communications technology, cooperative standards, engineering education, engineering research, international development and public issues education.
Some of the worthy project and service areas are: The ASAE Future Fund, Public Issues Education Fund, Cooperative Standards Fund, Communication Technology Fund, Engineering Education Fund, Engineering Research Fund, International Development Fund and others.