307), which will help address ongoing and emerging challenges in public health preparedness - and ensure public health has the resources and support necessary to prepare for and respond to disease outbreaks, severe weather events, acts of terrorism or other public health emergencies.
What does PHP stand for?
PHP stands for Public Health Preparedness
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PHP
We have 261 other meanings of PHP in our Acronym Attic
- Presbyterian Hospital of Plano (Plano, TX)
- Process of Handicap Production
- Professional Homepage Power (Germany)
- Professional Housing Provider (education based certification program)
- Programmable Hyperlinked Pasta
- Project for Horticultural Promotion
- Project Honey Pot (online security initiative)
- Public Health and Policy (various organizations)
- Public Health Perspective
- Public Health Programme (various organizations)
- Purple Heart Patrol (DC Comics)
- Personal Home Page/Form Interpreter
- Partial Hydrolytic Polyacrylamide (oil and gas drilling mud additive)
- Politique d'Harmonisation des Projets Agricoles (French)
- Port Hedland Port Authority (Australia)
- Pre Health Professions Advisement (office at Farmingdale State College of the State University of New York)
- Professional Helicopter Pilots Association
- Professional Hockey Players' Association
- Pre-Health Professions Advisory Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
Teaching students how to recognize when something is potentially dangerous or hazardous, and to report this, is a huge step in developing an overall safer environment," said Jacqueline Scott, DVM, PhD, director of the Office of Public Health Preparedness in the Michigan Department of Community Health.
95 Paperback Essential public health series RA445 Public health preparedness is a new discipline created in response to terrorist threats and globalized infectious diseases and food supply issues.
But Martha Framsted, spokeswoman for the Nevada State Health Division, and Steven Kramer, supervisor of the Southern Nevada Health DistrictÕs office of public health preparedness, said their agencies have made great strides in planning over the past year and are prepared to handle a swine flu outbreak.
James, Director of the AMA Center for Public Health Preparedness and Disaster Response updated the Council on his Center's activities.
00 Hardcover RA425 The 2007 edition of this annual series consists of four papers from a symposium on public health preparedness, and 19 reviews of current research on epidemiology and biostatistics, social environment and behavior, environmental and occupational health, health services, and public health practice.
Findings from this project were reported in February at the 2007 Local State and Federal Public Health Preparedness Summit under the title "Assessing Legal Preparedness for School Closure in Response to Pandemic Flu or other Emergencies.
Later this year, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (Philadelphia, PA) and the American Medical Association will launch "Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness," a new journal that will emphasize public health preparedness and disaster response for all health care and public health professionals globally.