WHEN I moved from Manchester to Conwy in September 1969 to take up my post as a Public Health Inspector, there were nine main sewers between Glan Conwy and Deganwy beach, all discharging the Borough's sewage directly into the estuary.
What does PHI stand for?
PHI stands for Public Health Inspector (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PHI
We have 137 other meanings of PHI in our Acronym Attic
- Post-Polio Health International
- pre-harvest inspection (timber harvesting)
- Pre-Harvest Interval (pesticide use)
- Precision Hardware, Inc. (manufacturers of exit hardware)
- Private Health Insurance
- Process Hat Industries, PLLC (consulting engineers)
- Programa Hidrológico Internacional (Spanish: International Hydrological Program)
- Protected Health Information (HIPAA Administrative Simplification Provision)
- Provincial Homelessness Initiative (British Columbia, Canada)
- Public Health Informatics
- Public Health Institute
- Public Health Intelligence
- Public Health Investigation (various locations)
- Public Humanities Initiative (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Paranormal Haunting Investigation Association
- Passive Hemagglutination Inhibition Assay
- Pasteurella Haemolytica by Indirect Agglutination (pathology)
- Pennsylvania Highway Information Association (Harrisburg, PA)
- Pennsylvania Homicide Investigators' Association (est. 1992)
- Personal Health Information Act (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
INTERNATIONAL LISTINGS Jamaica October 21-28, 2012: 66th Annual Conference and Exhibition, sponsored by the Jamaica Association of Public Health Inspectors.
A well-placed source in Sri Lanka connected with the tournament said public health inspectors had checked the food given to the players and found nothing troublesome.
Fawaz Abdullah, who heads the food control section at RAK Municipality, said that eight outlets were found violating the rules by the public health inspectors during the inspection campaigns carried out in different areas of the emirate.
Public health inspectors, aquatics managers, state and local health officials and regulators are encouraged to attend and participate in this critical learning opportunity.
It seems to me that we are going full circle because there was a time when we had Medical Officers of Health with their own departments which included public health inspectors, health visitors and domiciliary midwives and the Medical Officer of Health produced an annual report.
The draft legislation, which is to be fast-tracked through parliament, will allow public health inspectors to shut down the production and sale of psychoactive substances, to seize supplies and to impose fines on producers and sellers.
Giorgallas said public health inspectors had taken more sample of foodstuffs on Monday and based on the results the service would take the appropriate action.