Coverage encompasses bioinformatics, medical and nursing informatics, and public health informatics, with material on operational aspects, such as building databases and implementing electronic records, and discussion of the potential of evidence-based clinical decision-support systems in medicine and nursing.
What does PHI stand for?
PHI stands for Public Health Informatics
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PHI
We have 137 other meanings of PHI in our Acronym Attic
- Porter Hetu International
- Post-Polio Health International
- pre-harvest inspection (timber harvesting)
- Pre-Harvest Interval (pesticide use)
- Precision Hardware, Inc. (manufacturers of exit hardware)
- Private Health Insurance
- Process Hat Industries, PLLC (consulting engineers)
- Programa Hidrológico Internacional (Spanish: International Hydrological Program)
- Protected Health Information (HIPAA Administrative Simplification Provision)
- Provincial Homelessness Initiative (British Columbia, Canada)
- Public Health Inspector (Canada)
- Public Health Institute
- Public Health Intelligence
- Public Health Investigation (various locations)
- Public Humanities Initiative (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Paranormal Haunting Investigation Association
- Passive Hemagglutination Inhibition Assay
- Pasteurella Haemolytica by Indirect Agglutination (pathology)
- Pennsylvania Highway Information Association (Harrisburg, PA)
- Pennsylvania Homicide Investigators' Association (est. 1992)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This initiative is taken to strengthen the information base for decision making in Public Health informatics approaches and applications," says Mr.
Executives who work in public health informatics are excited that these capabilities are part of the meaningful use guidelines.
9780470068120 Disease surveillance; a public health informatics approach.
Abstract The recent development of public health informatics as an interdisciplinary field, and the dissemination of this body of knowledge, have brought forth new opportunities for collaboration between the faculty of health sciences and academic library.
BioSense has a lot of potential to provide data in a more efficient manner as well as additional information we have not been able to attain previously," said Charles Hunt, State Epidemiologist and Director of the Bureau of Epidemiology and Public Health Informatics at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
The funding from PURE HIT will enable the development of four health information technology programs at UT including: * the summer Health Information Technology Certificate for recent graduates, * a Health Information Privacy and Security Certificate for computer science students, * a Public Health Informatics Certificate for public health students, and * a Health Information Technology Sub-Specialist Certificate for graduate students.
of Medicine and Pharmacy) present 169 peer-reviewed papers from the conference, organizing them into sections on bioinformatics and medical genomics; computerized patient records; decision support and clinical guidelines; educational technologies and methodologies; handheld and wireless computing; healthcare networks; imaging informatics; implementation and evaluation of clinical systems; terminologies, ontologies, standards, and knowledge engineering; natural language, text mining, and information retrieval; online health information and patient empowerment; organization change and information needs; and public health informatics and clinical trials.