The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) leads federal efforts to develop and acquire countermeasures, primarily through the Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasures Enterprise (PHEMCE), an interagency body.
What does PHEMCE stand for?
PHEMCE stands for Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasures Enterprise
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Physical Electricity Index (European Energy Exchange)
- Precision High Energy-Density Liner Implosion Experiments
- Pulsed High Energy Laser Countermeasures
- Panther Habitat Evaluation Model (US Fish and Wildlife Service)
- Patient Health Education Materials (Canada)
- Potential Harmonics Expansion Method (physics)
- Public Health Education in Medicine (Department of Public Health; Los Angeles, CA)
- Public Health Emergency Management (various locations)
- Poly 2-Hydroxyethylmethacrylate
- Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasures (US Department of Health and Human Services)
- Pseudomorphic High Electron Mobility Transistor
- Pennsylvania Home Education Network
- Prostate Health Education Network
- Provincial Health Ethics Network (Alberta, Canada)
- Phentermine-Fenfluramine (diet drug)
- Pioneering High Energy Nuclear Interaction eXperiment (Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider)
- Python-based Hierarchical Environment for Integrated Xtallography
- Philadelphia Higher Education Network for Neighborhood Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
NYSE Amex: PIP), a biodefense company developing medical countermeasures against biological and chemical threats, announced today that the Company recently presented new data from its anthrax anti-toxin and recombinant Protective Antigen (rPA) anthrax vaccine programs at the HHS Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasures Enterprise (PHEMCE) Stakeholders Workshop and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) Industry Day, held January 11 - 13, 2011 in Washington, DC.
The BARDA Industry Day is being held in conjunction with the HHS 5th Annual Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasures Enterprise (PHEMCE) Stakeholders Workshop being held on January 10 through 12, 2011, in Washington, D.
WASHINGTON -- Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) President and CEO Jim Greenwood released the following statement on the Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasures Enterprise Review released yesterday by Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius: "BIO applauds HHS for the release of their new vision statement and strategy document resulting from the assessment of the current public health emergency medical countermeasures enterprise.
a biodefense company developing medical countermeasures against biological and chemical threats, announced today that the Company will present two poster presentations and an oral presentation on its Protexia(R) and Valortim(R) medical countermeasures programs at the upcoming HHS Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasures Enterprise (PHEMCE) Stakeholders Workshop 2008 / BARDA Industry Day, being held in Alexandria, VA September 24 -26, 2008.
The HHS Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasures Enterprise (PHEMCE) Stakeholders Workshop 2008 and BARDA Industry Day will bring together public and private sector stakeholders for a dynamic dialogue on the current state of medical countermeasure preparedness, PHEMCE initiatives in the past year and plans for moving forward to enhance national capabilities to respond to a public health emergency.