A spokesman for the Harris County Clerk's office, which doesn't post records online but does offer public access terminals with electronic images of original records, told the Chronicle that it will cost local taxpayers at least $17.
What does PAT stand for?
PAT stands for Public Access Terminal (kiosk)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PAT
We have 429 other meanings of PAT in our Acronym Attic
- Program for the Academically Talented
- Programmable Alarm Thresholds
- Progress Assessment Team
- Project Acceptance Transfer
- Project Action Team (Sprint)
- Promotion and Tenure (various schools)
- Prototype Adaptation Toolkit
- Provincial Achievment Test (Canada)
- Provincial Advisory Team (Afghanistan)
- Psychiatric Association of Thailand
- Public Administration Today (Australia)
- Public Affairs Television (Public Broadcasting Service; New York, NY)
- Pupil Achievement Tracker (UK education software)
- Purge-And-Trap (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry)
- Purpose, Audience and Text (writing)
- Production Acceptance Test & Evaluation
- Pre-Arrival Test & Inspection
- Pacific Asia Travel Association (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Pacific Association of Tax Administration
- Palestinian Anti-Terrorism Act of 2006
Samples in periodicals archive:
Muvico Theaters (Radiant Systems) * NEPTUNE Public Access Terminal (KIS) * Shibby (KIS) * TNS Surf and Burn (Touch N Surf) Best Public Access Kiosk Application * Boyne City Public School District's Interactive Kiosk * NEPTUNE Public Access Terminal (KIS) * Shibby (By KIS) * TNS Surf Burn and Run (Touch N Surf) * UNL Beadle Center (Nanonation) Best Software Application in a Kiosk Project * American Suzuki Motor Corp.
All services can now be accessed either via the council's website, over the phone by officers operating back-office electronic systems, by public access terminals in libraries or kiosks in public places.
The security package is designed to protect corporate data when it is accessed by a web browser from a public access point such as an airport kiosk, Internet cafe or other public access terminal.
The top three are: a lack of security behind the front door which exposes flaws in the root access web server, incorrect logout procedures which lets public access terminal users view the personal details of the user that used the machine before them and authentication tokens that can be guessed.
Nortel Networks has established a strong position in the public access terminal and network management industry, and this business is ideally positioned to quickly establish a leadership position for GTG in the public communications market, with its premier product offerings and leading-edge technological capabilities.
Fax filing has been expanded and personal computers have replaced aging public access terminals.
To help serve the needs of those that are telephone disabled, users of the service are connected by a WAN network, which can be accessed via a dial-in program, or through Public Access Terminals available in the La Plaza Telecommunity Center.