The scheme, run by South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, has been named runner-up at the national Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Team of the Year 2009 awards.
What does PICU stand for?
PICU stands for Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PICU
We have 5 other meanings of PICU in our Acronym Attic
- Primary Image Capture Transformation Element
- Pharmaceutical Industry Competitiveness Task Force (UK)
- Palestine Information & Communications Technology Incubator
- Photo-Induced Current Transient Spectroscopy
- Profiles in ICT (Information and Communications Technologies) for Teacher Education
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Postoperative Intensive Care Unit (hospitals)
- Priority Interrupt Control Unit
- Programmable Interface Control Unit (FMS-800 component)
- Project Implementation and Coordination Unit (various locations)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Advanced Practice Nurses
- Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (Europe)
- Pilot-in-Command Under Supervision (pilot education)
- Pigeon Circovirus
- pressure independent control valve
- Percutaneous in Situ Coronary Venous Arterialization
- Plasma Impulse Chemical Vapour Deposition
- Pacific Inter-Club Yacht Association
- Perth Inner City Youth Service
- Nassau, Bahamas - Paradise Island (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hospital bosses have agreed to spend pounds 13 million on more theatre capacity, a psychiatric intensive care unit, cardiac ward and medical admissions unit along with more day care facilities.
Earlier this year the trust's Greentrees centre, a psychiatric intensive care unit at St.
The new mental health facilities in Edgbaston will include 64 adult acute beds for patients from the South Birmingham Primary Care Trust area, a ten-bed psychiatric intensive care unit, and an education and training centre.
It includes a nine-bed psychiatric intensive care unit, and a five-bed high depen- dency unit on the ground floor.
Bruno was returned to the Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit - PICU - where the most violent patients are housed.
She and the couple's children Franklyn, seven, Rachel, 16, and Nicola, 20, drove straight to the psychiatric intensive care unit where Frank is being treated.
Hardy was held in custody at Pentonville prison, North London, before being moved to a psychiatric intensive care unit at nearby St Pancras hospital in February.