]] The 'Know your PASI' follow-up survey, which was supported by Janssen, has revealed that patient awareness of Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI) assessments has increased since the first survey in 2011.
What does PASI stand for?
PASI stands for Psoriasis Area and Severity Index
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other meanings of PASIOther Resources:
We have 47 other definitions for PASI in our Acronym Attic
- Persian American Society for Health Advancement (Los Angeles, CA)
- Personal Assistant for Scheduling Appointments
- Program Archive on Sexuality, Health and Adolescence (Sociometrics Corp.)
- Pan American Studies Institute
- Pioneer Air Systems, Inc.
- Preapplication Statement of Intent (FAA)
- Production, Availability, Shipments, Inventory
- Professional Account Services Inc.
- Professional Associate, Chartered Surveyors' Institution (now Associate, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors; UK)
- Provincial Approach to Student Information (Canadian education initiative)
- Public Authority for Social Insurance
- Procurement and Sourcing Institute of Asia (Makati City, Philippines)
- Parents Association for Seriously Ill Children (Nottingham, East Midlands, England, UK)
- Percussive Arts Society International Convention (est. 1974)
- Pondicherry Agro Service and Industries Corporation (est. 1986; Pondicherry, India)
- Published Authors' Special Interest Chapter (est. 1995)
- Philippine Association of Service Exporters, Inc.
- Performing Arts Special Interest Group (Australia)
- Preservation and Archiving Special Interest Group (Sun Microsystems)
- Promotions and Sales in Malaysia (blog)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Results of the 352-patient trial showed that 41% of patients treated with 30 milligrams of the drug, apremilast, twice a day, saw a 75% reduction in symptoms as measured by a score known as the Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI-75) after 16 weeks.
The cohort had a mean Psoriasis Area and Severity Index score of about 24 and body surface involvement of about 30%.
The primary efficacy endpoints evaluated at weeks 12 and 24 included an Overall Lesional Assessment (OLA) of 0 or 1 (none or minimal), and Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI) reduction of 50% and 75%.
About the Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI) The PASI is a free and simple, painless assessment which takes into account how bad a patient's psoriasis plaques are[sup.
Patients who initially received twice-weekly etanercept had a 78% improvement from baseline in the psoriasis area and severity index, while those on once-weekly therapy all along had a 74% improvement.
Patients were evaluated using the psoriasis area and severity index (PASI), a common measure of overall psoriasis severity.
Significantly more patients treated with ustekinumab achieved at least 75% improvement in their Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI 75) at week 12, compared with those treated with a tumour necrosis factor alpha antagonist.